This net was started by cruisers
to stay in touch with each other.
This net is for those using a radio installed aboard their boat.The Cruiseheimers Net meets each morning at 0830 Eastern Time on SSB 8152 kHz / 8.152 mHz. The net covers the eastern seaboard, The Bahamas, and parts of the northern Caribbean.
A net control facilitates. Informal.
- Emergency, medical, and priority traffic
- Announcements and Queries
- Check-ins for short-timers (those who can't stay for the entire net)
- Boats actively underway check in
- Boats by region check in
- Wrap-up. Net usually runs about 30 minutes.
- If you're aboard your boat, you're welcome here.
- The net is informal. Use Boat Names, not call signs.
- Keep it brief. Please take your traffic off-frequency for extended conversations.
- Use NOAA or the legendary Chris Parker for marine conditions and forecasts.
This material is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without express permission from @bigdumboat.com
OpenCPN Chart Plotter Navigation software for your laptop or PC.
ICW updates on navigation and fun local events. Sign up for weekly newsletter.
10% of net participants aren't even aboard boats.
'Short Time' was conceived by Mike aboard "Sweet Dreams" in 2002.
There are seven (7) net controls; each assigned a specific day of the week.