Current time: 03-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Hello There, Guest! Register

Chart bar at screen bottom not working.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum, and a new user of OpenCPN Android, although I've been using the PC and Ubuntu versions for several years.
Many thanks to Dave Register for doing such a good job!

I'm running version 1.0.12 on a Nexus 7 (2012) tablet running Android 5.1.1 and using a Yakker NMEA to WiFi bridge for AIS/GPS data from a AIT2000 AIS transponder.

I have a couple of questions:
How does one change charts using the chart bar at the bottom of the screen? I've tried tapping, double tapping, and holding, all to no avail. On my PC version I double-click with the mouse to change charts.

Are there any ways to zoom in and out, apart from screen swiping? I tried the volume up~down control but it did not work.

TIA for any help.
Peter.
Peter...

Thanks for the good words.

1.  You may simply tap on a chart bar rectangle on the screen bottom to switch to that chart.  The size of the button may be small, and we are considering to increase this for the next version.  I just tried it on a Nexus 7, and it works for me.

2.  You may add zoom buttons to the Toolbar, as on the PC version.  Touch and hold any icon on the toolbar.   You will get a pop-up window allowing you to select which "tools" you want to see.  Enable the Zoom in and Zoom Out buttons.  Then you may use them just like on the PC version.

Thanks again
Dave
Thanks Dave. Nice to see so many options available on the toolbar!
On the map selection buttons: no luck there, even using a pointer instead of my big fat finger. I'll wait for the upgrade with the larger buttons ... no rush.
Cheers,
Peter.