Current time: 03-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Hello There, Guest! Register

From cruisersforum.com OpenCPN thread: Android OpenCPN crashes when Adding Connection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adroid...

OK, goo.  Glad it works.

This fix will appear naturally in the next official Release of OpenCPN for Android, currently scheduled for early April.

Thanks for your support
Dave
Hello Dave,

I'm running the payed OpenCPN on a PIN64 with Android 5.1.1 , it works great.
But the PINE64 board also do not have a internal GPS and it will crash if I want to ADD or DELETE a connection.

The only work around I have found is to setup OpenCPN to use the internal GPS (which is not there!!!) , after that I modified this connection in the settings menu to use it as a Bluetooth GPS.

This way it means that my Bluetooth GPS is not available any more for other APPS .

I also have tried to use a BLUETOOTH GPS provider app to emulate a internal GPS... (mock allocation)

All other navigation programs reconize this and will work, but OPENCPN will connect but does not reconize the NMEA strings because they seem to be different????.

I have tried several ANDROID versions (5,6,7) but no difference.

Anyway ,,,could you send me also the link to download the special version you made to fix the "add Connection bug"

I'm sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

Regards

Al Hoogendam
Al...

Thanks for the note.

I will rebuild the version, and make it available to you in a few days.

regarding:
All other navigation programs reconize this and will work, but OPENCPN will connect but does not reconize the NMEA strings because they seem to be different????.

Can you tell me more about this Bluetooth GPS provider difficulty?

Thanks
Dave
Hello Dave

I have used this provider:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ilej.btgps

If I look at the NMEA strings IN this app they look different then the strings wich I see in the OPENCPN NMEA window????

I also have testen on a Android TVsticK , but with the same results .

I will try to post a print screen from both .

Regards

Al