Current time: 03-23-2017, 02:10 AM
Hello There, Guest! Register

hudl2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my HUDL2 has updated to lollipop 5.1 but I can't see my charts on my SD card I can see the SD card in the charts select screen and they are called /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.opencpn.opencpn/files. But if I select them or do the usual scan charts or force update I cannot see CM93 or any of the Kap charts that I have loaded on the sd card. I can see them via my PC and using es file explorer. I don't seem to be able to drill down in the folder shown in the charts selection dialogue. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I am doing wrong, please. Tony
a further update. Having reinstalled a couple of times I now see my position on the background world chart and the SOG and COG are updating randomly as you would expect . (I'm at home in my study in the South of England) If I tap the spanner to select charts I see a directory called /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.opencpn.opencpn/files. I have cm93 and some kap charts on the external sd card.On the display there is my position in the right place on the background chart but I cannot get any of my detailed charts to appear. There are no piano keys at all at the bottom of the screen. The only other indication is Scale792300(---).

Please can you help, Dave?
Tony
Tony...

Thanks for the info.  I am setting up an equivalent Android 5.1 device now, and will do some tests.

Stay tuned.
Dave
I notice there have been a couple of postings on the main PC site reporting difficulties loading files on devices using Android 5 OS. I know you have been busy getting out OCPN 4.6 but any news on the Android 5 front, please?

Tony
tony...

There is no general problem with OpenCPN for Android on Android 5.  The new thing for Android 5 is additional rules for application data storage on SDCards.  Some directories/folders are inaccessible to OpenCPN due to the new rules.

On my test devices, I generally put the charts in "/storage/sdcard1/Charts" instead of " /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.opencpn.opencpn/files."  This works fine by recent test on Android 5.1.1, Kyocera Phone.

Give this a try, and see what happens.

Thanks
Dave
Dave
Thanks for your reply. Encouraged by it I reformatted the Microsd card, reloaded my charts by transferring from PC to sdcard1 and after the usual chart commands it does see most of the charts. However it seems painfully slow which may be the Hudl2 or the microsd card (although it is supposed to be Class 10). No matter I have got something to play with and  if it needs a new sd card or even a new tablet I am now confident Mr Google (Android) won't defeat me. Many thanks. Tony