Current time: 03-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Hello There, Guest! Register

AIS targets too small to see on screen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightbulb 
Hi

Firstly -  we crossed the Pacific from Panama to Singapore via Australia in the last year.  OPENcPN on Android was used as our main tool.... Works great. 

Now a new problem,  AIS targets are showing up too small to see on the screen. Is there a way to increase their size? 

Also the Grib plug in sometimes will not load a Grib 2 file, not showing all the days... Close the plugin amd reopen,  select the file again and it will work.... Sometimes i need to do this 2 or 3 times to get the complete grib time line to load. 

Source for the grib is Squid....
Kevinafloat...

Thanks for the report.

1.  AIS target size:  I have discovered this problem as well. This is on the list for improvement in the next Release version, due out in a few weeks.  Please stand by.

2.  GRIB2 file failure:  Is this file already downloaded on the device, and fails to load properly?  Or is it more likely a download problem?
I either case, can you give me a link to the file, or maybe email it to me directly?

Thanks again
Dave
(12-28-2016, 07:46 PM)dsr Wrote: Kevinafloat...

Thanks for the report.

1.  AIS target size:  I have discovered this problem as well. This is on the list for improvement in the next Release version, due out in a few weeks.  Please stand by.

2.  GRIB2 file failure:  Is this file already downloaded on the device, and fails to load properly?  Or is it more likely a download problem?
I either case, can you give me a link to the file, or maybe email it to me directly?

Thanks again
Dave

Dave

File is onthe dwvice,  it shows up OK if I use Squid and also works on Zybrib on the laptop under Ubuntu. I will pit OPENcPN  on yhe laptop and experiment. I will also put the grib into Dropbox for you in a few days when I get back ashore. 

Fyi  it is a intermittent problem, occasionally the grib files opens first time but not always..... Guess it's going to be a bit tricky to track down....