Current time: 03-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Hello There, Guest! Register

Opencpn on a HUDL 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having tried several times to install Opencpn on my HUDL2 I have just uninstalled all the previous attempts, purchased a copy from Google Play and eventually made some progress. I have installed CM93 on my external SD card and on running the app I can see Opencpn with the base world map and a yellow bar at the bottom of the screen. Overlaid on the world map are the red outlines of the CM93 individual maps so I'm close. What to do now please, Dave?
Tony
Tony...

Simply tap the yellow bar.

Welcome aboard
Dave
Thanks for your response. Since I have been using OpenCPN for years on my boat on a laptop (orig Win XP now 7) I knew to tap the bar for charts but no joy. Then I remembered I had been trying to use the Android version from the main forum first and there was obviously rubbish left behind from that time. So I wiped the SD card and reloaded CM93 and also some self scanned paper kap files and now is all working well. Thank you and the team for all the effort you put in to make such a great charting program.
Tony
(09-28-2016, 08:46 AM)tonyappuk Wrote: Having tried several times to install Opencpn on my HUDL2 I have just uninstalled all the previous attempts, purchased a copy from Google Play and eventually made some progress. I have installed CM93 on my external SD card and on running the app I can see Opencpn with the base world map and a yellow bar at the bottom of the screen. Overlaid on the world map are the red outlines of the CM93 individual maps so I'm close. What to do now please, Dave?
Tony

Hello, I have the same setup, cm93 on a hudl2 , I put the sdcard in the computer to copy the cm93 folder, now when I try to select cm93 as the directory the program freezes. I have to restart the hudl to get it working again. I'm fine on the computer but not too hot with android, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Peter
Peter

I'm not on my boat at the mo (Winter!) but I did try my Hudl just now and blow me it's not doing its stuff. If I get a few minutes I'll look into it and post again. Sorry.
Tony