Current time: 03-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Hello There, Guest! Register

Plugins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am have just registered via google play store. I came here to see ow to load the pluginsi see they are not available.
I mainly wanted opencpn for the instrument pack plug in.
The BR24radar_pi plugin for the 3G and 4G Simrad / Navico radar would be my first choice. Using the tablet when steering in close quarters, I really do miss the radar. Though theoretically the UDP communication of the radar might not work well over WiFi, in practice this is no problem with modern (home type) routers.
The radar BR24radar_pi release 1.3 would be current choice, it is stable, has extended functionality and performs much better than previous releases. However there is a bug in 1.3: when switching from radar A to B the "advanced settings" in the menu are not immediately updated. This problem is solved in https://github.com/douwefokkema/BR24rada.../update1.3. The performance of this update version is also slightly (20%) better.

Douwe Fokkema
Dashboard for me pls.
AIS second.
Smile
Any movement on the Plugins?

Is the source on GitHub - I might see if I can do something but don't have too much time to code just now.

Kevin
Kevin....

Plugins coming soon.

The main issue is of course the GUI.  Everything changes when the user has only one cold, fat, grubby finger instead of a high precision 2 button mouse with scroll wheel...

Please stand by.

Dave
(11-15-2015, 10:36 AM)dsr Wrote: Kevin....

Plugins coming soon.

The main issue is of course the GUI.  Everything changes when the user has only one cold, fat, grubby finger instead of a high precision 2 button mouse with scroll wheel...

Please stand by.

Dave

Great news Dave. FYI I use a 2 button precision Bluetooth mouse with my Tablet - works great! allows me to have the tablet on the bulkhead.

(11-15-2015, 10:36 AM)dsr Wrote: Kevin....

Plugins coming soon.

Please stand by.

Dave

Great news Dave. FYI I use a 2 button precision Bluetooth mouse with my Tablet - works great! allows me to have the tablet on the bulkhead.
Let us keep OpenCPN on Android as simple and light as possible.
Translating PC to Android is a big stuff and supporting it on the different versions is anotherone.

Great Thanks to the develloppment and support teams !!!!!

My first choices would be Grib and Rooting

And what about several apps working together in order to have a modular approach? Could be safer and simpler
Another vote for AIS. 

I also use OpenPlotter, which is streaming NMEA data via WiFi to my tablet. I would like to display AIS on my tablet along with the other data that is coming in.

The alternative for me is to connect directly to my Raspberry Pi via VNC, which isn't as responsive and is more difficult to move around the screen.
abarrow....

Welcome aboard.

AIS reception and display over WiFi tcp link should be already working.  I do this all the time.

Can you tell us more about your configuration.  Maybe your logfile?  Screenshots?

Thanks
Dave
(11-23-2016, 02:02 PM)dsr Wrote: Well, I guess I better do a better job of checking things out before posting! I thought since the AIS plugins weren't there, that AIS wouldn't work! I'm anxious to check out the functionality.

I have a fairly simple Raspberry Pi-based OpenPlotter system, with a GPS puck and an SDR for AIS reception. The system broadcasts NMEA data over WIFI, which all seems to work fine. I'll check out the AIS functions next time I'm on the boat.

Thanks!