Current time: 03-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Hello There, Guest! Register

Plugins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does one install plugins? Use linux versions and do a build inside a shell or do they need to be android versions?
Try...

PlugIns for Android must be built from source specifically for Android.

We will be adding more integrated PlugIns as time moves along.
What PlugIns are you particularly interested in?  This will help us to prioritize the work.

Thanks
Dave
I'm still just learning the ropes with opencpn and only have a small trailertri but would imagine priorities should go to AIS, Radar and Weather plugins I'd think those doing more blue water sailing would be best placed to suggest their preferences.

Cheers
I'm not sure how AIS can be added without a data stream input capability?

My vote is for a Dashboard plugin.

Terry
for me. Blue water cruising....

Dashboard
AIS
Grib
Climatology

then whatever.....
I use wireless to get AIS and instrument info into my Android and PC devices......http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Q00203-US...51841.html
Hi everyone

My choices for plugins

Dashboard
AIS
Grib
Climatology
Watchdog
WMM

Serge
Dashboard
Grib
AIS

And, no gadgets... please

Michel
For me:
Dashboard
Anchor Watch

Yago
My vote for a plugin for O: Watchdog
Why? OpenCPN for Android will probably be used primarily on smartphones and tablets. On those devices input via WiFi is in most cases a lot easier than input via USB (especially if the only USB-port your phone or tablet has, is also needed for charging).
I use O on my smartphone & tablet in conjunction with OpenPlotter on a Raspberry Pi. The Pi acts as a multiplexer and sends NMEA (AIS) via WiFi to O. It would be nice to have Watchdog on my phone to check the NMEA-stream and warn me if that stream stops.

Roel
I'd like to see plugin support for sQuiddio.  Its a nice open source alternative to Active Captain.